Differential Clinical Significance of Medical Information
For reading on iDevices (iPad and similar ones) or with the Apple Books app on an Apple computer only (iMac, MacBook etc.).
a. Dedication :To Prof. Peter Goldstraw, the gentleman who taught me “the Art” (as Hippocrates referred to it) and Ethics; he has always been so wise and kind a mentor that I can never repay the debt I owe him
b. Synopsis :Modern Medicine desperately needs an absolute theoretical (logarithmic or exponential) basis to mathematically quantify the Significance of medical digital information (or data) that are stored in each patient’s digital records, to establish some necessary hierarchy or order in a way ...
... similar to the order achieved by the concept of “Indications” (for different forms of treatment etc.) to the pre-hippocratic chaos of erratic personal arbitrary medical opinions, then heavily biased.
If a quantification of medical information’s Differential Significance is achieved, then the following dangers can be eliminated:
► crucial, important medical information in small quantity, expressed in fewest bits (e.g. ‘Presence or Absence of spread of a cancer after staging investigations and procedures,’ ‘patient Alive or Dead’), may be hidden in a flooded ocean of large amounts of data (in GBs) much less important,
► deep learning diagnostic algorithms may not become efficient to recognize the sequential hierarchy of significance of heterogenous medical digital data that should be taken into account in order to reach a safe and reasonable final conclusion.—Read More...
c. Topics discussed in the book :
- Medical Informatics
- Data Mining (medical)
- Deep Learning (diagnostic algorithms)
- Differential Diagnoses
- Classifications of Diagnoses:
- DRGs (Diagnosis-Related Groups)
- Diagnostic algorithms (Deep Learning)
- Decision-Making in Medicine
- Conflicting Priorities
- Hierarchy or Priorities of Significance of digital medical data
- Staging of Cancer
- C. E. Shannon's Information theory
- Alan Turing
- Concept of "Indications" invented by Hippocrates
- Linear b syllabary: I-JA-TE
You can subscribe to the mailing list to :
- receive a biannual newsletter
- be kept up–to–date with special price offers and new books
- be offered complimentary Excerpts of forthcoming books, prior to their release
Thank you for joining the mailing list !
You will receive the newsletter and occasional notifications promised above.
Thank you for SHARING this webpage via: